Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
Officers are "actively hunting" for the suspects and have cordoned off the area including the former Charlie Hebdo offices after a suspect package was noticed nearby.
Paris officials have opened a terror investigation into a knife attack Friday near the former offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo that left several people with life-threatening injuries. Two suspects have been arrested in connection to the attack.
The investigation was opened into “attempted murder in relation with a terrorist enterprise,” according to France’s counterterrorism prosecutor’s office.
Authorities initially told reporters that four people had been injured, however, an official told the Associated Press that there are in fact only two confirmed wounded. Police could not explain the discrepancies.